Churches and chapels are scattered about like pearls in an idyllic landscape of Turopolje region, and when we open slightly their doors we meet with objects that were born out of religious inspiration and piety. That’s why every church contains something special, worthy and beautiful.
In written sources this church was first mentioned in 1334, although it had existed before as a little wooden chapel. Over the years some of its wooden parts had been replaced by stone. The construction had begun in 1686 and finished in 1757 when the Noble Commune of Turopolje took care of it. Two side chapels, the chapel of St. Antony of Padua and the Chapel of the Holy Heart were added to the new church. For today's Baroque church the merit goes to Herman Bollé, who completely reconstructed it, after it had been demolished by the earthquake in 1880, which hit Zagreb and the surrounding area. On the main altar there is a relief of the scene of Annunciation, the work of Tyrolean masters, and the frescoes in the side chapels The Birth of Jesus and The resurrection of Jesus, were made by Marko Antonini. The church has beautiful stained-glass windows. At the church facade, in the niche of the tower-bell stands a statue of St. Lucy, the patroness of Turopolje. Above the entrance door there is a coat of arms of the Noble Commune of Turopolje.
The Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary is among the oldest Marian shrine in this part of Croatia, and was first mentioned in the 16th century. Till the middle of the 17th century, at the place of today's church there was a small wooden chapel with the bell-tower dedicated to Blessed Virgin Mary. As early as 1630 it is mentioned as a fair chapel. Church was full of votive tablets from the people who experienced the help of Saint Mary. Many times during history the church was expanded and today it is one nave, late-Baroque- Classicistic church. Every year on 15 August, in the church and the area around it, several thousand pilgrims gather to celebrate the Feast of the Assumption, the main solemnity of this parish.
The church of Saint Mary in Dubranec was built in 1650. It was being repaired and restored several times and in 1881 a new restoration began under the leadership of dr. Herman Bollé and Izidor Kršnjavi. Paintings in the church are works of Clausen, master from Austria; altars were made on the basis of Bollé’s designs in Romanic style by I. Wagmeister; painted windows were ordered from Wienna, and the front with the statue of Jesus Crucified with Mary and John standing next to him was chiseled by Morak, professor of Arts and Crafts School.