Lukavec town, the only defensive fort in Turopolje, was mentioned for the first time in written sources in 1256, though the exact time of construction is not known. The remains of palisades and the construction of driveway wooden bridge, which were discovered during more recent reconstruction, testify that the original building, ruined over time, was built of oak wood. During history, many different masters were in possession of Lukavec and in 1553 it fell into the hands of people of Turopolje. The architectural concept of a walled fort was finished in 1752 in the form of a Renaissance castle, surrounded by water, towers for side defence with 70 loopholes and a high entrance tower.
Above the entrance door, where there is an engraved coat of arms of the Noble Commune of Turopolje, supported by two lions and the writing Insignia Universitatis Nobilum Campi Turopolya 1752, raises a tower with the chapel of St. Lucy, the patroness of Turopolje. On the first floor there was a hall for assemblies of noblemen ”spravišča” - election assemblies where prefect was elected and the archive of the Noble Commune of Turopolje was kept until 1848 when it was moved to the town hall of Turopolje, the present day Museum of Turopolje.